Posted to alt.home.repair

Default That Sears dryer again

"** Frank **" wrote in message
. ..
Wife purchased the top rated Kenmore clothes dryer a few years ago. We had
nothing but problem with it. The motor burn out right after the warranty.
Have to remove the bottom plate, blow and vacuum lint build-up every

couple
of months. Now it stop working all together. Looks like the controls

checked
out except on the push to start button. I get a reading of 120V on both of
sides of the pushbutton terminals - strange, must be a short somewhere.

I'm
in the process of removing components and trace the motor circuit. Has
anyone had this problem before?

On the other hand, our old Maytag lasted over 25 years without any
maintenance. Never once had to take the thing apart to remove lint under

the
drum.

It's to bad the newer Maytags are not as good as they used to be... :-(