Posted to sci.electronics.repair
DaveM DaveM is offline

Default Adjustable 24V DC power

wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi all,

I need some help here.
I want to verify a voltage "trip" point on a board that operates on
battery supplied 24vdc.
The maximum draw is about 600MA

The board should change to "recharge required" at 22VDC

My thought is to put some sort of resistor in line on the main battery
feed so I can slowly reduce the voltage to a point where it trips the
recharge indicator. A voltmeter after the resistor would allow me to
monitor the voltage level where the recharge indicator is activated.

I am not an electronics guru (obviously) so something "off the shelf"
would be great.
Maybe some type of adjustable resistor? Any ideas?

Thanks.

The easiest way to do that would be to beg or borrow an adjustable power supply.
Substitute the battery with the power supply.
Set the power supply to the nominal battery voltage, connect the voltmeter to
the power supply output, then slowly adjust the power supply output voltage
until the recharge indicator turns on.

Cheers...
--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

"In theory, there isn't any difference between theory and practice. In
practice, there is." - Yogi Berra