Posted to uk.d-i-y
Hugo Nebula Hugo Nebula is offline

Default I'm about to mount a loft aerial for TV...

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 22:19:30 +0100, a particular chimpanzee, Harry
Bloomfield randomly hit the keyboard
and produced:

The method does though rely heavily on the road being straight for long
enough and your house being aligned to that road. Living on a rather
short road with several bends in it and in a house not aligned with the
road, I was struggling to grasp your method.

Or wait until a sunny day, measure the angle of the shadow cast by the
sun at its highest (up to a few minutes before or after 12:00GMT
depending on how far east or west you are of the Greenwich Meridian)
relative to the orientation of your house. You then need to adjust
for the difference between true north and OS grid north (as shown on
your OS map).
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have you strayed?"