Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default outlet on external wall

"car crash" wrote in message
ups.com...
I noticed in a new home I recently bought in Ontario that I have a
bathroom outlet that was installed in the wall that is also the wall
to the outside. Now in the last house I had, I asked the builder to
do this but he said that it was against code to do that. So why is it
this builder can now install a wall outlet on the wall that is the
outside wall as well ? Is there a violation of the code by installing
a wall outlet on a outside wall ?
Thanks.

???? Why on earth would code care about an outlet in an outside wall? IMHO,
previous builder was BS'ing you. At what point in process did you ask for
outlet? If walls were already closed in, and electric rough-in already
inspected, he probably just didn't want to mess with it. Calling a
electrician back in to snake one wire, especially if he had to fish it,
would have cost him several hundred bucks, possibly more than he thought he
could get you to pay for it.

aem sends....