Default Torbeck valve noisy at shutoff - sometimes

Dave Liquorice wrote:

: Try the lower of the two supplied restrictors marked "LP" IIRC. The
: bang is symptom of the valve shutting off too fast which it will do
: with a high flow rate. You have to strike a balance between a reduced
: flow rate and the bang.

But will that have a different effect to partially closing the service
valve ? As I said, to stop the noise I have to reduce the flow rate
so far that the fill time is unacceptable (longer than the original
ball cock, which defeats the object). I'll try the restrictor if you
think it will stop the bang at a higher flow rate, but I can't really
see why it should.

Nobody has commented on my observation that dismantling and
re-assembling the valve provides total relief from the bang for about
a day, before it gradually returns. I've done this three times now
with the same effect.

Richard.
http://www.rtrussell.co.uk/
To reply by email change 'news' to 'richard'