Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] ZZactly@aol.com is offline

Default 5 octave keyboard repair - tame musician required

I have perfect pitch in that I can tune a guitar perfectly without
aid. That is not to say that A is going to be 440, but it will be in
tune to itself, and highly playable. But now that I have bought a
piano it all defaults to that.

When it comes to playing with others, it has to be in real tune. But
alone, for playing alone I can do it.

N Cook, you should try to learn how it is suposed to sound. That would
be an achievement. I had a buddy with a severely out of tune piano, I
really wanted to tune it. It had been welded. It was out bad.

I have a portable keyboard which I would've tuned to first, every
string, and then set the offsets.

With a keyboard you do not have to deal with that. Just set the
notes.

Have fun with it. If you're around Cleveland I might like to watch or
even help. If not, so much for that.

If you are trying to tune this thing you should have a pretty good
idea of how it should sound. After one reference you should have it. I
did not say it was easy to do that way, but it is possible. How did
the first guy who invented the thing do it ?

JURB