Posted to comp.dcom.cabling,uk.d-i-y
Carl Navarro Carl Navarro is offline

Default Wiring on RJ45 wall socket

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 00:36:54 GMT, DTC
wrote:

Carl Navarro wrote:
All of what you say is true, Glen, but Leviton, and obviously MK,
chose to do it this way. I've used Leviton for several years, and,
with the Rapid Jack tool, it's not so bad to fan the wires and seat
them all at once.

How many jacks did your Rapid Jack Tool do before the cutting blades got
dull and started mashing up the jack? Mine has started damaging the jacks
after only a hundred or so jacks.

I confess, I only use it for high productivity and that means two jobs
so far for about 160 jacks. I am really careful to seat the jack in
the slot before I crimp it. I don't get it out for one or two jacks.
I have the eversharp 110 blade...and BTW don't drop it on the tile
floor bacause Murphy says it will always fall point first. Especially
when you're in a hurry.

Carl