Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Microwave oven catches on fire. Repairable?

"Don Klipstein" wrote in message
In article , kjpro @
usenet.com wrote:

"Don Klipstein" wrote in message
In , kjpro @ usenet.com

wrote:

(On fixing a microwave that has had fires develop in it more than once
before)

True, but for $5 dollars, this one can be fixed. :-)

Would I want to be supervising it every second it was running in case
the fix did not fix the right thing or in case there was more than one
problem and not all problems got fixed?

If your not up to the repair, by all means knock yourself out and

purchase a
new unit.

However, I have repaired many microwaves that has this little issue and

it's
an easy fix. But I guess you just replace EVERYTHING when something

little
malfunctions!

If something has caught fire a few times, I don't think that's some
little malfunction. I have repaired electronic equipment before. If a
piece of equipment that is not particularly expensive has had a few fires,
I think my time is better spent earning money to buy a replacement than
repairing it and making sure it is really fixed and that no critical
damage was caused by any of the fires.

- Don Klipstein )

The issue of more than one fire is nothing, when he has NEVER actually fixed
the real problem.

Ex. House fire, electrical wiring. Replace wiring in question or build a
complete new home??????