Posted to sci.electronics.repair
William R. Walsh William R. Walsh is offline

Default Dehumidifier

Hi!

Only difference is that after repairing the bearings on the fan
motor several times, I simply strapped an external fan to the back
of the unit.

In the case of this unit, the fan motor simply wouldn't reach operating
speed and overheated very quickly. The bearings were still pretty good--it
seems like the motor developed some shorted windings.

I think this one might be built somewhat differently--it is actually built
so that the intake and exhaust are both in front. I've never seen another
like it. The design is really quite a good idea. It's much easier to put it
up against a wall, and the water pan slides out of the front.

A properly designed and manufactured hermetic
refrigerstion system *should* last almost forever.

Absolutely agreed. :-)

William