Posted to rec.woodworking
TH TH is offline

Default 2 horse or 3/4 horse

Did you get a new collector?
"Toller" wrote in message

"Rick Samuel" wrote in message
A few days ago someone asked about lathes. A link was posted referring to
Griz G0462. Then went on to say it's not 2 HP but more like 3/4 HP. Is the
2 HP listed on Griz site just an exaggeration? I've been thinking about
getting that lathe for a while now.

It is 9.5a/240v, which is approximately 2hp. They often lie about HP, but
"usually" tell the truth about amperage since that is so easily checked
So, unless the poster has a really good reason for his opinion, I would say
it is 2hp.

(I did have a Penn State DC that claimed 16a, but actually measured 9a.
Everything else I have checked has been pretty accurate)