Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Philips 42" plasma almost comes on by itself ? (Otherwise works fine)

Check with Philips, ask if there have been strange problems originating in
their SSB (Small Signal Board), I think they refer to it as an image board
also.
"Ken Weitzel" wrote in message
Rodo wrote:
There is a setting for the time but it looks like it is only to display
it on the screen, I can't find a programmable "On" feature and remember
that it doesn't come all the way on. The screen gets slightly bright for
the 10 secs then it goes dark after the second click. Effectively turning
it off. One thing I forgot to mention is that the front green LED that it
is on when the TV is actually on does not turn on during the 10 secs
glitch.

Thanks

Hi...

Don't know your set; heck I'm so old I don't know much of
anything anymore

Nevertheless, can't help wondering if your set doesn't
have an auto off menu setting for a certain time of day?
(for us old folks who fall asleep on the couch.) And if so,
it isn't *slightly* waking up so as to turn itself off?

Take care.

Ken