Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,sci.engr.television.advanced
Lostgallifreyan Lostgallifreyan is offline

Default LEDs as lamp replacements

(GregS) wrote in
:

Just uses a small CPU fan. I'm actually using a CPU sink/fan combo,
but the LED's are epoxied to a copper plate. I even have diamond dust
as a buffer/insulator. To close space the LED's I needed the best
thermal transfer. Did I forget to mention the Peltier device.

I can see why diamond dust might help, but why a TEC? The LED's can operate
at temperatures great enough to pour heat through a decent thermal coupling
to a heatsink, no need to pump it through by force, that just makes work
for work's sake unless you are forced to drop the temperature in a confined
space, which is doubtful given the size of heatsink you need to dissipate
LED heat + TEC work heat.