Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,sci.engr.television.advanced
Lostgallifreyan Lostgallifreyan is offline

Default LEDs as lamp replacements

Eeyore wrote in
:

To run LEDs efficiently from 240V AC will also require some active
electronics. I see no-one ever factors in the power losses that'll be
associated with that.

95% efficient power conversion from 5 to 32V and I think I saw similar
claims for a small module that can power a series chain of LED's from a
mains input. Can't cite a source right now, I just got you one already for
the 176 lumens claim. If I can find the other I'll cite it.