Posted to alt.home.repair
Charlie Bress Charlie Bress is offline

Default Fogger in the attic - is that OK?

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
PaPaPeng wrote:
On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 14:24:49 -0400, "Charlie Bress"

I distinctly remember an experiment on TV's Mythbusters. They were
checking out a newspaper report that a family had set of one too many
fogger bombs inside the house. The gas buildup ignited and blew up
the house.. It took Mythbusters quite a few tries but the test house
(a real building) did eventually blow up. The "bomb" does use
ignition to generate the fumes. In that case you should perhaps take
the extra precaution that the bomb be placed inside a fireproof metal
container before leaving it to fumigate your attic.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...&hl=en--Joseph
Meehan Dia 's Muire duit

First off, I did not post the section that is quoted above. Second, The
statement that The "bomb" does use
ignition to generate the fumes. is not accurate. The bug bomb is just an
aerosol dispenser and has no ignition source of its own. Third, the
Mythbusters experiment grossly overused the bombs and had to supply an
intentional ignition source. Since the explosion is caused by the gases in
the air, the use of a "fireproff metal container makes no sense at all.

People who do not read and follow the directions are setting themselves up
for one of those infamous Darwin Awards.

Charlie