Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default how to wash electro-static air cleaner

On Jul 6, 7:46 pm, Ken Weitzel wrote:

That's what the manufacturer suggested for mine; but I found the
idea to be at best a bit unappetizing...

A good dishwasher (makes and) uses 180F water, a strong chlorine-
bleach/phosphorous-based detergent and considerable heat to dry. It
also will accept and clean (properly) unrinsed plates complete with
pasta-sauce and small bits of food, fine china and so forth. I am not
so sure which is less appetizing: congealed food, grease and gravy or
dust and oils taken out of the air that... coincidentally.... we also
breath. Either way, the actual quantities involved inside that filter
are in the milligrams vs. the many grams on a single dinner plate.

The dishwasher (if a good one) is the way to go. You just might be
shocked and amazed at what has gone through our unit, with uniformly
good results.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA