Posted to rec.woodworking
Hoosierpopi Hoosierpopi is offline

Default Splitting Question

On Jul 8, 3:36 pm, MarkS wrote:

"split a length of pvc pipe"

Can you surround it with flat boards and run it through your TS or BS?

Didn't say the diameter, but if 1/2" or 3/4" you could possibly hold
it with a board on either side (cut a "v" in each board edge, apply a
little glue and clamp. THen cut in half and pull the pvc off the wood
support block. Or, forget the glue and use the boards as a jig to hold
the pipe before the blade and push it through using th blade to keep
it from twisting as you push it though the saw.

Nevah done it myself, just spit ballin here

Hi all,
For a project I am working on I need to split a length of pvc pipe in
half lengthwise. Any suggestions?
Mark