Posted to rec.woodworking
Patriarch Patriarch is offline

Default Cedar Logs available for, well, anyone

"Toller" wrote in
news

"Brian Siano" wrote in message
About a month of so ago, my neighbor had a big cedar tree in his
front yard cut down. (At least, I'm almost certain it's a cedar.) I
talked the tree removal guys to leave the two biggest chunks of
trunk-- about seven feet long, a foot to two feet in diameter,
roughly-- in my front yard. I'd hoped to get it sawn into planks.

However, that's looking less and less likely. They're big and heavy,
and so I'd like to make the trunks available to anyone in the Philly
area who'd be willing to take them. I'm not asking for anything in
exchange, but if you have a sawmill and a kiln, I'd love to take
maybe one or two 1-inch boards in trade.

I'm located in West Philadelphia, and if you're interested, email me
at .

Well, if you have a bandsaw, I can tell you how I would go about it.
Lot of work and a lot of waste, but better than tossing them.

A chainsaw mill works wonders, too. We did several, a couple of years ago,
that turned into benches at the local National Monument, courtesy of the
local Boy Scouts. There's still some of the pile in my side yard.

But I'm out near San Francisco, and not bringing my truck to Philly any
time soon.

Patriarch