Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Small Drill Presses For Electronics Repair

On Jul 6, 1:37 pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Jul 4, 9:15 pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:

I am considering getting a small drill press for electronics
repair...what suggestions does the group have?

Thanks

TMT

So I take it that no one has a Servo drill press to work on circuit
boards?

TMT

It is common in electronics development to have multi-layered circuit
boards.

Sometimes a circuit design change requires accessing inner layers of
the circuit board where a trace is located. A small drill press (like
a Servo) with accurate depth control is used to drill down to the
buried trace.

Since I am planning on buying a drill press for the electronics bench,
I thought I would ask the group what they tend to use to get an idea
as to what to buy.

TMT