Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Buying house with wall removed and no build regs approval

wrote:

Looks like the thorugh lounge space was created 25+ years ago by the
owner, looks like an RSJ has been used but I'm not in a position to
know if it's supported correctly or the beam is the correct size.

If it has been there 25 years and there is no obvious sigh of a problem
I would not be too worried.

Would be council grant this retrospectively, or is this just planning
permission?

You could apply for a regularisation IIRC.

I will give the Building Controls office of my council a call tomorrow
to see what they say.

Probably a good idea.

--
Cheers,