Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot is offline

Default I'm about to mount a loft aerial for TV...

MM wrote:
This is a bog-standard 18-element TV aerial from Wilkinsons (£8.99)
and I plan to mount it in the loft space, where even a room aerial
gives excellent reception via the SLx6 Philex aerial booster.

From my bedroom window I can observe the aerial on the chimney of a
neighbouring house. How can I preserve its "angle" as closely as
possible when I mount my aerial? Or isn't the position that critical?

I have a compass on my mobile; you line up the little graphic of the sun to
the real sun then you know where you are.

Up in my niece's loft: 'Right then... phone... sun... oh bugger.'

Luckily I'd already played outside so I knew roughly which way to point the
aerial! Doesn't seem to matter if you're not too precise either, which is
lucky.

Si