Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.internet.appliances,misc.consumers.house
AMUN AMUN is offline

Default Can Whirlpool washer & dryer be stacked on pedestal drawers?

"NA" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 3, 12:50 pm, "Proctologically Violated©®"
wrote:
I really don't see why not.
It is true, that you would be loading the single pedestal more than
perhaps
was intended, but my intuition tells me you could load 5 washers on those
things, without a problem.
And, a dryer is lighter than the washer, considerably so.
And, the dryer would serve to further stabilize the washer on the
pedestal.

imo, no problem whatsoever.
Some might argue, Oh, now the center of gravity of the dryer is too high,
blah blah, but that's not really an issue for dryers.
It is an issue for a washer, because of the very fast spins, and the dryer
on top of the washer actually helps in this regard.

My washer moves during spin. Particularly if there is a very heavy
load (such as when comforters are in). If that happens, and the washer/
dryer combo move off the base and collapse on a child, serous
consequences could occur.

Good point, but easily covered by fastening the combined unit to the wall
near the top.

Actually had to do that with a new stove/range, as they are now so light
(thin crappy metal and plastic) a bit of pressure on the door when opened
tilted the whole unit even with the "included" floor brace supposedly for
that purpose. (it actually bent)