Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.hvac
[email protected] carie_r@mail.com is offline

Default A/C working properly? Cost - lower temp?

On Jul 7, 5:42 pm, mm wrote:
On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 09:27:18 -0700, wrote:
On Jul 6, 7:24 pm, wrote:

"Why do you think it should be 20 deg
different?" he says. I told him that's what I found on the internet.
He checked more wires with his probe for another 5 minutes, then
checked the temperature again. It now said 64 deg (18 deg different).

Now the thing is working! Darn. It's much much harder to fix most
things when they are working right. Even things that only work
intermittently. You pretty much have to catch it when it's not
working to be able to fix many things.

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you being sarcastic? He didn't adjust
anything, he was just using something that looked like a voltmeter
(and scratching his head, without actually doing that). Telling him
the A/C couldn't get the apt down below 83 deg all day didn't mean
anything to him.