Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.hvac
[email protected] carie_r@mail.com is offline

Default A/C working properly? Cost - lower temp?

On Jul 7, 5:42 pm, mm wrote:
On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 09:27:18 -0700, wrote:
On Jul 6, 7:24 pm, wrote:

He said it had to run for a while to get to that temp. (Recall, he
just asked why I thought is should be 20 deg.)

He asked because curious-type repairmen are always curious when a
customer says something about a repair, right or wrong.

And of course it does have to run for a while to get to that temp. He
may have thought you had had it running.

He wasn't curious, he didn't know what he was doing. He was ready to
leave after 2 minutes, having checked to places with a probe. After I
went in to a longer explaination that I put here about why it should
be 20 deg different, he started looking at the unit (inside) again,
and scratching his head, without actually doing that. He also looked
surprised when I was 18 deg different when he checked it again. - And
he knew the A/C had been off, because I told him, and he turned it on.