Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George George is offline

Default For those waiting for thier glue gun to warm up.

"mac davis" wrote in message
Sort of an addition to the face plate thread, which I have deleted..
sorry..

http://www.pennstateind.com/store/gg100.html

I bought one of these butane glue guns for my wife a few years ago.. sort
of a
joke because I figured that for $10 it must be a POS...

WRONG! She liked it so much that we bought several more for gifts...

It heats almost instantly, cools fast, doesn't need an outlet near it,
etc..
Check it out... a great tool for the money, IMO.....

Hot melt glue comes is some different grades, from slightly better than the
low tack masking tape on up to good packaging grade. Takes more heat for
some. Of course the butane gun solves the same problem my butane soldering
iron does, that of finding yourself a foot beyond the reach of the cord when
you have to work something.