Posted to rec.woodworking
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default tooth and nail puzzle

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..

"todd" wrote in message
"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..

Hey goddamit this is an argument! No FACTS, MEDIATION, or MODERATION
allowed!

Let's get back to it.
Your wrong Doug!

I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to argue unless you've paid!

todd

Well for what it's worth I've gone ahead and drilled a 6d nail hole in a
2x4, both along the long axis and across the face and sunk it in water.
We'll see what happens in the morning. Who knows, I might just be
surprised.

I find it interesting that I got such different results than what Doug got.

2 holes, one across the grain of a 2x4, one with the grain. In both cases
of overnight soaking in water the hole was SMALLER. The hole across the
grain was barely smaller, probably less than 5%, the hole with the grain was
visibly smaller and very distorted too.

Sorry, I'm unconvinced that the hole would get larger.