Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Opinion On TV

The main reason the name brand was brought up is the possibility of actually
having viable parts and service after the fact. Remember APEX?? Realizing
many of the old name brands have turned to crap, are owned by the Chinese or
whoever, and now are becoming no longer viable for support or parts. Stay
with the known products, do in-depth research, then drop the quid. Cheers
"Charles" wrote in message
. ..

"Julia Betancóurt de Velasquez" wrote in message
I would like to solicit the group's opinion on this TV. I am not
technically knowledgeable and don't want to be robbed!!

I like the latest LCD TVs very much. They have moved past the plasmas, in
my opinion. Just go to BestBuy and look at them ... they are crisp and
bright and have nice viewing angles.

Brand names don't mean much anymore. It's strange that RCA and other old
brand names are still out there since the original companies are long gone
(RCA was literally dismembered by GE). I say strange because my kids, who
spend lots more on this stuff than I do, have no idea about "RCA."