Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Any tricks to walking down a roof?

In article ,
mm wrote:

On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 16:18:57 -0700, "Eigenvector"
wrote:

For me the biggest problem I had was stepping off the ladder onto the roof,
I still have that problem and that same problem has prevented me from taking
difficult routes when mountain climbing.

Get a ladder that goes 3 or 4 feet above the edge of the roof. Or get
knees that bend in both directions. Either will make it much easier.

Don't walk backwards, you will trip and fall.

Isn't "trip and fall" one of the categories of lawsuit they mention on
daytime tv ads? ")

Yes. If someone did fall, and, for example, F. Lee Bailey were a
liability attorney instead of a defense attorney, I'm sure he could
successfully sue the architect of any house for designing it with a
sloped roof, and then putting things up there that require maintenance.