Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Dehumidifier

I don't know what to buy because no matter what brand name plate is on
the units they all look the same as if they are coming from the same
factory. GE, LG, Sears, Samsung - they all look like clones of each
other. We wanted to upgrade our still functioning 20 year old unit to
something with higher capacity. Bad idea, I guess.

In most cases they do. Brand names are irrelevant these days, it's no
indication of who actually made the stuff. It's very common for one overseas
company to own half a dozen or more once well known US brand names and slap
them all on the same junky unit for sale in different stores.