Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default house is sinking

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jul 7, 3:24 pm, "Joseph Meehan" wrote:
dk wrote:
My 82 year mother lives in a house where the floor is sinking in one
corner of the house. The basement floor is cracked and sinking
along the outer walls. The house walls and ceiling are plastered
and I'm afraid that the ceiling is going to come down.

I know there are many companies that claim they can correct the
problem and I'm a little leery.Any ideas as to the best way to
correct the problem and the cost associated with correcting the
problem.
Thanks
David Kight

You need a local pro. I might suggest first checking with the
company that carries the insurance on the home. Find out if this is
covered. If not maybe they can make a recommendation. You need to
find a competent and honest contractor for this one.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

-- You need to find a competent and honest contractor for this one.

Uh, when don't you need a competent and honest contractor?

When I do it myself, an often incompetent but honest worker. :-)

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit