Antony Jones

Default Pneumatic push button cistern?

Rod Hewitt wrote in message 62.115...
(Dave Farrell) wrote in
om:

Hi,

Anybody know where to get one of these new push button cisterns from?

I've seen plenty of the 'flapper valve' type, but the one I'm talking
about here has the flush button connected to the syphon by a length of
clear plastic pipe. Ideal for concealed cisterns.

Problem is, I can't recall where I've seen them.

Thanks

Dave

Dave,

The Multikwik (e.g. MFC1V) flush valve comes with a modest length
'remote' really only suited to use in place of a standard lever.
However, another model with a *very* similar number has an extra long
'cable' - 800 mm IIRC - for just the purpose you require. And it is a
pretty good device. I have no idea if the air pipes are any better or
worse - or for that matter whether they support two flush volumes (as
does the Multikwik) and might be relevant if you are metered.

Rod

Dave,
I've got a Thomas Dudley Vantage
(
http://www.thomasdudley.co.uk/cister...roduct=Vantage) which is a
complete concealed cistern and pneumatic push button operated flush
valve (not syphon). I bought it from my local branch of PlumbCenter
(www.plumbcenter.co.uk) for about 80 quid IIRC. The MultiKwik is cable
operated (if that makes any difference).

-Antony