Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Lewis Chris Lewis is offline

Default convert outlet from 230V to 115V

According to Mark Lloyd :
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 23:39:23 -0000, (Chris
Lewis) wrote:

You're getting confused. 110 to 120 (or more actually like 130)
is the permitted _RMS_ supply voltage range.

"110 to 120" is a quote from a particular poster. See the end of my

The sinusoidal peak is
indeed in the 165V range.

Why would you think I'm confused? Do you disagree with what I said
about 117V RMS = 165V peak? About peak being 1.414 of RMS?

Neither. I was remarking on this:

mentioned "110 to 120", supposedly referring to the permitted range of
supply voltages. This differs from 165V.

My posting did say I agree with your RMS-Peak calculations.
But saying the peak voltage isn't in the permissible (RMS) voltage
range is rather odd way of discussing this, don't you think?
--
Chris Lewis,