Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] jay-n-123@verizon.net is offline

Default Dehumidifier

I'll find out about getting this repaired. If I need a new one, is there a
better band that hopefully isn't made by LG?

BTW, do you think the orange colored substance I'm finding at bottom of the
water bucket is from the oil that was mixed in with the freon, or do you
think that is something else? Other than that I'm not seeing any oil
anywhere.

Thanks,

J.

Take it in and see whether it's worth the cost for a repair that may
only last 2 years (probably no better than the original).

The unit should have been hermetically sealed. If it went bad in 2 years,
there probably has been a leak since it was built. So, if they do refill
it without finding the leak, will fail again in 2 years. A competent
refrigeration service place should be able to find the leak.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above
is
ignored unless my full name AND either lasers or electronics is included
in the