Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Townsend Scott Townsend is offline

Default Water Softner and filter for Well

The non-salt Softener's claim they do not, here are a few links

https://www.waterfilter-usa.com/page...hapter=0&id=32
http://www.lifesourcewater.com/water...ner-chart.html

Then you have to deal with the Icemaker, the Pet's water, etc that would all
be on the Softener. You don't really want to be drinking the Salt water.

I'm filtering the water as its going into a 5000 gallon storage tank. Then
distributing it to a few homes form there.

Thanks,
Scott-

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 10:06:32 -0700, Scott Townsend wrote:

I'm looking for a non-salt/KCL water softener and filtration system for
my
home. We are running off a well.

We had a salt based water softener before and we never liked the slimy
feeling it left when you take a shower.

Doesn't all soft water regardless of how it's softened feel that way?