Posted to alt.home.repair
aspasia aspasia is offline

Default Interior renovations.

On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 06:21:31 -0500, "Kate" wrote:

I would suggest buying a screen, something decorative that would fold up.
Like in the old movies that the gals would hide behind when they dressed.
Turning the room into two such tiny little spaces will be claustrophobic at
best.

Kate

I agree with Kate about tiny spaces. What about a sliding divider
such as used in hotel banquet rooms? Or pocket doors if there's
room. Either option -- and there must be more that an experienced
builder could recommend -- leaves you the possibility of re-opening
the space if future needs dictate.

Aspasia

"Pelletier" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a 14' X 18' dining room that i am going to split into two
rooms. I have a good idea of how i am going to tie the interior wall
going down the middle of the room to either side of the walls, my
question is what would be a good way to
fasten the bottom sill to the floor. The flooring is 12" X 12" ceramic
with standard underlayment or plywood underneath that. I am not sure
of how to get thru the tile without cracking or breaking it. Thanks
for listening