Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Golf Golf is offline

Default Horizontal output question

This may seem to be a stupid question to many of you, but here it goes
- I checked a horizontal output transistor with my fluke (diode
check). The transistor is an NTE2353. It has a built in damper diode.
Since I don't know how this diode is fixed in the transistor, I'm not
sure if I'm getting accurate results. I get normal voltage drop
between the base and collector. I read dead short between base and
emitter (both ways). Regardless of having a damper diode, I shouldn't
get this reading on a good transistor, right? I just want to be sure
before buying a repalcement. Thanks group.