Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John John is offline

Default What Does Your Workarea Look Like?

On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 22:03:44 -0700, Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

I have always liked seeing other people's workshops....one can learn
alot as to how they are arranged, the tools and test equipment being
used and how small parts are stored. Layouts of benches, seating,
lighting and power always seem to be customized in a manner that are
different.

Care to describe your workspace to us?

Links to pictures and descriptions of why you laid it out the way you
did would be great.

Thanks

TMT

The basement bench looks better since the older daughter's
mother-in-law had her kitchen remodeled and I got some wall cabinets
to organize parts (read: hide the junk)

Tools (30 year accumulation): Fluke 77 DVM (received as a "test and
report" item and was never asked to return it), small $4 DVM for quick
checks, Tektronics 545 scope (hand-me-down - but it still works),
Heath voltage/current regulated DC supply (hand-me-down), Variac (gift
from a friend), adjustable temp soldering station, Dremel tool with
many bits, Heath audio generator, cheapie kit square/triangle wave
generator, bench drill press, utility knife, miscellaneous files

Assorted parts cabinets: 1/4w resistors, 1/2w resistors,
non-electrolytic capacitors, logic chips, microcontrollers (mostly
PICAXEs) and accessories (protoboards, sensors, LCD displays, etc)

My amateur radio hobby has been relegated to a far distant back
burner, somewhere behind time with the grandkids
(http://www.jecarter.com/personal/grandkids.html ), microcontroller
projects (http://www.picaxe.us/projects.html ) and PDA software
development (http://www.jecarter.com/nsbsource.html )

John