Posted to sci.electronics.repair
n cook n cook is offline

Default What Does Your Workarea Look Like?

msg wrote in message
Too_Many_Tools wrote:
I have always liked seeing other people's workshops....one can learn
alot as to how they are arranged, the tools and test equipment being
used and how small parts are stored. Layouts of benches, seating,
lighting and power always seem to be customized in a manner that are
different.

Indeed, I hope folks do respond to this request and post photos; I
too am always seeking layout and storage ideas and especially creative
solutions to small-space issues.

Regards,

Michael

Hint for increasing storage space.
For doubling the storage capacity of an existing
wall of steel cased,plastic drawered component
storage cabinets.
Obtain some extruded aluminium channel sliding
door gear used in domestic clothes cupboards etc.
Fix the runners to the top of the cabinet/
cabinets.Fix channel to ceiling joists/stout shelf in
front of and above(to avoid fouling top layer
of drawers) the existing wall mounted cabinets.
Fix a couple of PTFE slabs to base/rear to run
against a sheet of wood or metal fixed under
the existing units.Cabinets can be doubled
up,pop-rivetted together vertically with bridging
plates across the joins.

Sometime I must put in 20 or so power
sockets around the work bench to rid
some of the workarrhoea of tangled
cables from using only a single 6 way ganged outlet strip.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England