Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Steve is offline

Default DW735 and dust collection

Chuck Taylor wrote:

You could use the shop vac through the cyclone lid garbage can thing. Just
be aware that you're going to fill the can pretty quickly.

I'm afraid he won't fill the can at all with that setup. A shop vac
just doesn't generate enough airflow to take the chips away as fast as
the planer can produce them.

I used the biggest shop vac that Sears has to offer with the DW735, and
it seemed to work pretty well - but I made sure to empty the vac and
clean its filter before I start each time. But a small shop vac?
Forgetaboutit!

Last year a guy posted a story about hooking a hose the the DW735's dust
port and putting the other end into a big trash can. The hose got away
from him, and coated EVERYTHING in his shop with sawdust in just a few
seconds.

When I first got my DW735, I just aimed the dust port out the garage
door toward the street. It shot sawdust all the way out to the street,
40 ft away. Only did that once. It took me an hour to vacuum up all
that crap.

--Steve