Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] zakal@mindspring.com is offline

Default DW735 and dust collection

On Jul 7, 10:05 am, "Owen Lawrence" wrote:
Score one unused DW735 for me, 2nd hand, half price. Woohoo! (BTW, I based
my choice on what I read here. Thanks for the advice!)

Now the question: This thing throws chips out the back with impunity. I
don't have a dust collector, and I read in the manual that you shouldn't
hook up a shop vac to it. Do you think if I hosed up one of those cyclone
lids on a garbage can it would catch much? Could I also add a filter bag
downline and expect the planer blower to drive the whole system?

Thanks.

- Owen -

IIRC the DW735 has blower onboard to remove the chips from the cutter
head, you just have to catch them. Here is an accessory that does
that:
http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DW7353-...3822363&sr=1-2

Though from the picture it should be pretty simple to make your own
from some 4" hose/clamps and a trash can lid.