Posted to rec.woodworking

Default DW735 and dust collection

Score one unused DW735 for me, 2nd hand, half price. Woohoo! (BTW, I
based my choice on what I read here. Thanks for the advice!)

Now the question: This thing throws chips out the back with impunity.
I don't have a dust collector, and I read in the manual that you
shouldn't hook up a shop vac to it. Do you think if I hosed up one of
those cyclone lids on a garbage can it would catch much? Could I also
add a filter bag downline and expect the planer blower to drive the
whole system?

Sometimes the best solution is to get the right equipment. If it would be a
viable solution, the DW engineers would have probably suggested it. Bought
my planer one day, the DC the next.