Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Makita 5604R Circular Saw

FYI

Returned the Mac Disaster circular saw to B&Q and got a full refund, ordered
the Makita. £45 refund, £80 for the Makita so I ended up spending an extra
£35. What a difference!

I wanted a 165mm saw to save space on the van & to keep the weight down in
use. I don't cut anything thicker than 50nn so the 54mm depth of cut is
fine,

First used in anger today, what a superb machine, only 950w but like the
other Makita stuff I have it punches well above its weight.

Absolute joy to use, well balanced, rip fence & bevel adjustments very
positive. Nice feature is a 'V' shaped notch for 0 & 90 degree cuts, but
this has a flat at the base the same width as the blade kerf, so you can cut
either side of a line.

Riving knife can be removed in seconds for plunge cuts.

I'd highly recommend it.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman