Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default Record RPML Lathe

it may be possible to adapt a vice grip type plier to clamp the banjo - i
wouldn't use that on the tail stock though - but the banjo doesn't need much
force to stay in place
"Anthony" wrote in message
Hi,
I am using one of the bench mounted lathes from Record, having fun
learning (usually from my mistakes!)trying to get as much practice as
possible turning green wood to get a 'feel' for the tools and wood. But
the more I turn, the quicker I become, I run into something that bugs me.

The lathe above has bolts to adjust the toolrest and tailstock, adjusting
these is becoming a chore, and I am looking for a cam/quick adjust system,
does any body know of a sytem I can purchase for this lathe? (or have any
ideas about adaptation), I have been onto Record but they were little
help. Forgot to say I am in the UK, so Uk suppliers probably best but will
buy from abroard.

Thanks in advance.

Anthony