Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles John Stumbles is offline

Default Blocking tap hole for stainless steel sink

On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 07:43:04 +0000, Keith Dunbar wrote:

We have an old stainless steel sink which we can't afford to/don't
necessarily want to replace at present. Trouble is, it has two holes for
taps rather than just one. The existing two-hole mixer tap is very tatty,
not really high enough, and needs replacing. I don't want to fork out on a
new, but effectively obsolete twohole mixer. If I get a onehole mixer can I
buy a nice blanking plate for one of the tap holes? If so, where?

You'll need to enlarge the hole to take a monobloc mixer. The ideal tool
to use for this is a sheet metal punch: IKEA do them for about £10 since
the s/s sinks they sell come without holes so you hav eto make your own.
If you ask around maybe you'll find someone who's already bought one and
can lend you theirs.

You can buy chromed blanking plugs from Toolstation (IIRC) and no doubt
other outlets if you can't improvide something satisfactory.

--
John Stumbles

Xenophobia? - sounds a bit foreign to me.