Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Blocking tap hole for stainless steel sink

On 7 Jul, 08:43, "Keith Dunbar" wrote:
We have an old stainless steel sink which we can't afford to/don't
necessarily want to replace at present. Trouble is, it has two holes for
taps rather than just one. The existing two-hole mixer tap is very tatty,
not really high enough, and needs replacing. I don't want to fork out on a
new, but effectively obsolete twohole mixer. If I get a onehole mixer can I
buy a nice blanking plate for one of the tap holes? If so, where?

TIA

Keith

Try freecycle for another sink. I recently gave one away by that
route.
Two hole mixer taps are only about £20 in the sheds. If your sink is
that old, the tap holes may not take a mono tap. Mine didn't, I had to
enlarge them. By the time you've done that and blanked off the unused
hole, you may as well get a cheap two hole mixer.

John