Posted to uk.d-i-y
Maris Maris is offline

Default removing metal window frame

On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 19:12:20 +0100, "Jason"
wrote:

I am just about to replace my old metal windows, anybody done this before,
the window in question has a wooden frame around it and then a metal window
frame.
I guess it is probably an angle grinder job to half the frame and then
crowbar out.
Any suggestions?

many thanks Jason

I just replaced two metal windows in wooden frames with sash windows
this week. The old sash box had been used as the wooden frame for the
metal windows. The metal window was held in place against the front
rebate of the sash by a lining of something like 2 inch * 3/4 inch
softwood. I cold chiselled that out all round and the window simply
popped out.

Maris