Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Prius bashing

Julian wrote:
"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Most reports I have read have said the ride and handling are fairly
lame.
The handling is as good as another similar sized car.
No

Please eff off as you a worthless idiot troll.

Sorry, can't see a good place to push in, so here's as good a place as any
:-)

I wonder what the residual values of the P will be like when they get to say
5-7 years old? You'll have to be very brave to take one on IMHO. New cells
(how many!?) or bsuggered motors in the transaxle or duff CVT are going to
cost more than the car's worth... I'll bet some company, before long, offers
an engine/box transplant from (say) a Focus, or finds a way of running it on
engine power alone with no batteries...

Also It's not obvious to me why they just didn't adopt a drivetrain similar
to that as used on a Diesel electric submarine. As it is now it seems huge
complication for little gain.

*MARKETING*.

It has to be radically 'wunderfool' to allw the suits to prattle on
about it, and lend credence to its spurious green potential.

hat you must shake off, is that stuff has to be different, it just has
to be *perceived* as different.

Like Tony Bliar. A gutless Thatcherite at core. But everyone thought he
was Laber.

Julian.