Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Central Air Problem

"KLS" wrote in message
On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 23:39:04 -0000, wrote:

My central air unit will work one day, then not another. Or it will
work for a while then stop. By this i mean air is blowing out of the
the vents, but not cold air. Sometimes it does work however. I have
a clean filter and i have tried it on auto and on fan with the same
result. I don't understand how it can work one day and not work
another. ANYONE know why???

Do you have a separate circuit breaker for your central AC? Is that
breaker on? One winter I turned the breaker off for my AC and forgot
to turn it back on the following May and couldn't figure out for about
24 hours why I had moving air that wasn't cold in the house. Then I
checked the breaker box, and lo and behold, the AC breaker was off. I
flipped it on, and presto, cold air a few minutes later.

Did you miss the part where it works SOMETIMES???????