Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water Heater - More Efficient? 40k BTU vs. 55k BTU

On Jul 6, 9:06?am, Rick Blaine wrote:
Dave in Denver wrote:

Sorry I am being thick here.. are you saying if I get a new one with
just 40k BTU that is will perform like my old 55k BTU?

No, what I mean is that a 40K burner will take longer to recover than a 55K
burner, but that everything else being equal (ie same EF), they will use the
same amount of energy.

--
"Tell me what I should do, Annie."
"Stay. Here. Forever." - Life On Mars

the lower recovery burner 40K or even 34K BTU aree all about producing
a cheaper tank.

More expensive high BTU tanks like my PRO model have a higher purchase
price, but tend to have better materials, like brass drain valves,

your bewtter off with a higher BTU tank