Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cracks in newly skimmed plaster

In article ,
FKruger writes:
On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 05:22:49 -0700, John
wrote:

As for your problem, I'd guess the original wall surface had not been
sealed properly and sucked the water out of the skim coat.

That's a possibility. We've had a couple of rooms skimmed and each
time the plasterer painted the walls with PVE to prime them before
plastering. No cracks so far anywhere.

Same here. Maybe he attached the beading first with plaster but
without using PVA under it.

Plaster also cracks when applied too thickly. Maybe the positioning
of the beading was such that the plaster near it has got significantly
thicker.

--
Andrew Gabriel