Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to patch vinyl pool?

"Ook" Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at zootal dot com delete the
Don't send me any freakin' spam wrote in message

"Ook" Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at zootal dot com delete the
Don't send me any freakin' spam wrote in message
I have an above ground vinyl pool, 12" x 30. I stored the liner in my
basement over the winter. Unfortunately, and unbeknownst to me, my cats
chewed on it all winter long, and the liner now has hundreds of tooth

holes
in it. A replacement liner costs more then the pool itself did, and I

don't
have the money for a new pool. I also have two very dissapointed little
girls. I'm not unwilling to try to patch it. Does anyone know where I

could
get a large sheet of the right kind of vinyl to patch a pool with a vinyl
liner? And am I correct that pvc glue can be used? I got the pvc glue

idea
from the manufactures website, they say to use PVC or silicon based glue

patch it.

I give up. Uncle. Mama. Surrender. Too many holes. K-Mart. $119.00. Same
pool. Cheaper then buying a liner. Don't want to spend all day patching
holes, only to find a hundred more that I missed.

I lifted the liner up and looked through it. Swiss cheese. Amazing what
those little rats did to it, chewing on it like they did.

Now they're rats?????? :-)